Monday 24 March 2014

some sort of chip

I find that being at home with baby is quite the self-discovery trip.  I guess, it has been a long time since I had the luxury of time to think.  I feel I am getting to know myself better as well as feel more comfortable in my own skin.  It is strange as I have been closet insecure most of my life.  (Great at hiding it though).

So, today I realised how big a chip I've been carrying on my shoulder.  So not wanting to conform, me nor my baby.  This is the first handmade thing I made for my first born child, my darling son:

I mean don't get me wrong.  Despite it not being the best, I am very proud of my creation.  It is the first garment I have ever made with my own hands.  Not only that, but I actually adapted a cardigan pattern (found here and here) and turned it  into a vest (let me know if you need a hand with that) And I did this all by myself.  .  But seriously, what was I trying to prove?

Oh well, onwards and upwards. Boy hasn't tried it on yet as it was on the big side.  I think now might just be about time so I just washed it for him to be wearing soon.  Hmmm, I could even post a picture.  

No comments:

Post a Comment